Admission Policy and Procedure:
Students may apply for getting admission into first year classes of different programmes (Arts, Science, Commerce and BVoc) in the College through online only. For this one has to use the link www.jagiroadcollege.co.in and fill the admission form by paying Rs. 250/-for the session 2018-19. No offline forms will be issued from College office.
During online filing of the admission form, following documents need to be uploaded:
- Passport size Photograph( size 20-50 KB )
- Signature (size 10-20 KB)
- Last Qualifying Exam passed Marksheet. (size 1MB)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable) (size less than 1MB)
The short listed candidates’ list will be displayed in the College website mentioned above. Admission will be held on the basis of merit and it is conducted strictly according to the College Admission Rules. The admission committee, comprising a group of experienced teachers, coordinates and ensures the smooth conduct of the process under the direct guidance of the College Principal. The decision of the College would be final in this regard.
For any wrong or misleading information given in the online form, the admission will be liable to be cancelled. Those selected and seek admission, must submit attested copies of the following documents and are compulsorily required to produce the original documents at the time of admission for on the spot physical verification:
- Mark sheets and Certificates of previous qualifying examinations (for all applicants)
- Age proof Certificate(for all applicants- HSLC Certificate or Admit Card)
- Registration and Migration Certificate (wherever applicable)
- Caste Certificate (wherever applicable)
- Income Certificate (Should be collected from Circle Officer only)
- Anti-Ragging Affidavit.
- Students who have discontinued their studies after passing the qualifying examination will have to produce a “Gap Certificate” issued by the Head of the Institution last attended. The certificate has to mention the activities of the student during the period of gap.
- Applicants for admissions who have passed their last examination from a Board of Education or University other than the Secondary Board of Assam(SEBA), Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) or Gauhati University will be required to submit their MIGRATION CERTIFICATE (IN ORIGINAL) at the time of admission or latest by 15 July. Failure in doing so may lead to the cancellation of the admission without any prior notice. Migration from Jagiroad College is usually allowed only after the completion of the First Year of their respective programme in regular mode and declaration of results of examinations.
ADMISSION SCHEDULE (Session 2018-19):
Procedure of Selection:
- Students securing First Division (60%) may offer subject combination on their own choice.
- Students securing less than 60% marks, subject combination will be determined on the basis of intact capacity of each subject at the time admission.
- Selection of major subjects will be made with the discussion of respective departments.
- In case there are more than 30 applicants for Major, the concerned department may hold screening test.
- Reservation of admission- for seats, Govt. rules will be followed.
Copyright © 2021 Jagiroad College