"Ragging in essence is a human rights abuse... In present times shocking incidents of ragging have come to the notice. The student is physically tortured or psychologically terrorized."
- Supreme Court of India (Feb 11, 2009)
"If education, and particularly Higher Education, is to serve as the lever to the great surge forward of the Indian nation, the scourge of ragging which corrodes the vitals of our campuses needs to be curbed. Ragging adversely impacts the standards of higher education…..."
- Raghavan Committee
Ragging is a criminal offence and nobody should indulge in any form of ragging in the college. This is a punishable offence under provisions of Indian Penal Code (IPC). So, avoid Ragging in any form.
-Published by the Anti-Ragging Committee,
Jagiroad College, Jagiroad, Assam
Anti-Ragging Committee: Session 2022-23
1. Dr. Bhaben Ch. Neog, Principal, Chairman.
2. Dr. Purushottam Bhandari Vice-Principal, (Convenor)
3. Dr. Gopi Adhikaria, Coordinator, ICC
4. Dr. C. R. Sarkari, Convenor, Health Cell.
5. Dr. U. Rajguru, Coordinator, IQAC
6. Mr. O. P. Deka, Convenor, RRC
7. Dr. Mitali Sarma, Warden, Girls’ Hostel
8. Mr. Hrishikesh Kalita, Warden, Boys’ Hostel
9. Mr. Himangshu Haloi, NSS, In-charge,
10. Mr. Pritom Doley, CTO, NCC
Contact No: Mobile: 7896683633,
Land Line: 03678-242308,
e-mail: [email protected]