The vision statement of the college is a declaration for realizing its core values. It is stated as follows:
While translating its vision into reality-
"The College aims to inculcate a unique value-based and learner-centric approach in all its plans and programmes. By evolving its own quality assurance and sustenance mechanism, the college would strive to achieve academic excellence - while drawing its resources from both the indigenous knowledge base and the Page 2/73 26-10-2022 09:03:55 Self Study Report of JAGIROAD COLLEGE ICT-based global knowledge expansion process. It would also align its paradigms earnestly towards sustainable development, peace and conflict resolution and vertical mobility of the learners belonging mostly to the socioeconomically disadvantaged section of the society in order to foster national development and regional harmony".
The College emphasizes to-
During its journey since 1979, the College could inculcate its values with commitments in the academic world through-
- Undertake various student-centric approaches to hone their focus to excel in their chosen area. provide a platform to actualize students’ talents and encourage them to mould their passion into a profession.
- Enhance the self-esteem of the learners by sensitizing their responsibilities towards socio-cultural and environmental issues involving society and surroundings.
- Prepare for lifelong learning by nurturing their independent thinking.
- Dedication- Which is reflected in various distinctive work ethics and in our commitment to excellence. This sensitizes our students to become socially responsible and committed.
- Inclusion- Which is reflected through the students’ growing enrolment pattern from diverse backgrounds.
- Integrity- Which is reflected in our ethical standards in personal and professional behaviour and in our commitment to transparency and accountability.
- Collaboration- Which is reflected in our interdisciplinary approaches through internal and external collaborations. It has triggered employability opportunities for our learners.
- Creativity- Which is reflected in our openness to new ideas and forms of expression, intellectual curiosity, willingness to take risks and entrepreneurial spirit. This is reflected through students’ creative excellence in sports and cultural fields.
- Sustainability- Which is reflected in our shared commitments to lead by example in preserving and protecting our culture, natural resources, and heritage.
The roadmap to attain its stated vision, the College outlines its mission statements as follows:
While translating the vision into reality, we keep the following points always in our mind:
- To explore and extract the gems from the vast ocean of knowledge and probe the new and the unknown.
- To work with liberal, humanitarian, scientific and truly democratic values.
- To enable the learners to handle the stresses of life.
- To accumulate the dividends of ICT.
- To carve out a roadmap for the learners for both employment and self-employment.
- To facilitate the learners to tap the benefits of their own socio-cultural heritages.
Tune to its blueprint of fast-track development, it has been rendering its services towards:
- The college is situated in a semi-urban area, well surrounded by rural villages. (Students coming from places, many of which are flood affected and geographically isolated due to communication bottlenecks).
- A large chunk of the students enrolled on the College belongs to socio-economically disadvantaged and marginalized communities.
- The College is situated in the Gova tribal belt and also in the SC reserved Assembly Constituency (Jagiroad LAC).
- Above 70% of its learners belong to the reserved category, viz. SC, ST(P), ST(H), Tea Tribes and OBC. More than 50% of the learners are female students.
- A minor section of them is also first-generation learners.
- Imparting quality education to the rural masses.
- Facilitating values in the mind of the students.
- An all-inclusive growth of the institution.
- A strong, healthy synergy between the stakeholders and the Institution.
- Fulfilment of necessary infrastructural needs.
- Ensuring that the students' assessment mechanism is unfair and reliable.
- Maintenance of discipline among the students through care and supervision.
- Appreciation for the good work done by the stakeholders.
- Introducing academic programmes on emerging areas, including self-financed courses.
Copyright © 2021 Jagiroad College